The MAKERS Conference is a global leadership event that brings together more than 600 of the most powerful names in business, entertainment, tech and finance to explore ways to accelerate women’s equality. Each year, this three-day experience provides the inspiration that moves people to action via provocative conversations, compelling storytelling and onstage pledges to advance change.
As we work towards building a community of empowered women, we are hosting the first-ever MAKERS India conference. Through our conference, we aim to bring together the most powerful stories and personalities together under one roof and accelerate the women’s movement in our country.
The MAKERS Conference, India 2021 brings together influential women leaders from diverse fields for the first time to explore ways to accelerate women’s equality. It will bring new perspectives to conversations that can propel action on themes like equality and inclusivity for women in the workplace. From policy trends to entrepreneurship and diversity initiatives, the conference will take a fresh look at the possibilities that can come with new pathways and more power to Indian women.
With its 1st India Edition, the conference is a milestone in India’s journey of gender equality at work. We intend to provide inspiration that moves people to action via provocative conversations, compelling storytelling and pledges to advance change through a two-day immersive experience at The MAKERS Conference, India 2021.
MAKERS India is an initiative by Verizon Media, the media and online business of global conglomerate Verizon Communications, to celebrate ‘Women Who Make India.’ MAKERS India’s vision is to drive equality for women by creating an inclusive and empowered community for them and boosting their workforce participation in India.
• Any woman entrepreneur with a registered business can apply for the awards. The business should have been registered on or before January 15, 2010.
• The entrepreneur/applicant must be working with the company at the time of the application.
• An entrepreneur can apply for multiple categories of awards, depending on eligibility.
• The awards will be decided by a jury comprising senior editorial staff from YourStory as well as industry experts.
The decision of the jury is final.
• The awards will be given out on March 12, 2021. Exciting prizes in store for all winners.
• Applications close Feb 24, 2021.
• Shortlisted applicants will be informed in advance of their selection.
• All winners will be featured on YourStory and MAKERS India via an article detailing their entrepreneurial journey in the coming weeks.
Get your All-Access pass to join the MAKERS Conference, India 2021 on
March 12 - 13, 2021