- How many people & teams will be there at each Hackathon?
We are allowing a maximum of 50 people forming a maximum of 15 teams. Everything else wouldn’t be manageable for our mentors!
- Is everyone who is applying for the hackathon being selected?
No, if you apply with an idea, we will validate it by our evaluators. If you do not apply with an idea, you would need to outline in detail your skill-set and what you bring to the table.
- Will there be mentors?
There will be at least 4 mentors at each hackathon with a different skill-set helping you to build your solution. These mentors will come from corporates, successful start-ups, etc.
- Can I participate in several hackathons?
No, we would urge you to apply for the one most suiting your skill-set.
- Can I bring my own gadgets to the hackathon?
Yes of course, bring whatever you need and share it also with the other participants. Don’t forget sharing is caring.
- Is there a possibility to hack throughout the night?
You can hack throughout the night but would need to find a different place. We open gates at 7AM and close at 10:30PM.
- Will there be food and beverages?
We will provide food and refreshments throughout the day. However, if you want to grab a beer, you have to find it outside.
- What is the exact programme?
We will update the exact programme as soon as we have all the mentors confirmed. However, we will start on Friday’s at 4PM with the registration. The first two hours will be dedicated for idea pitching and team building., followed by explaining the gadgets. While you can hack the next two days, we will have exciting side workshops that will help you to realise your idea and eventually start building your own start-up.
- When do we check-in at the first day?
You have to be there latest by 4PM. Everyone else coming later, will be disqualified.
- Is every team eligible to come to the national hackathon in Mumbai?
No, only the three best teams from each regional hackathon will be invited to the national hackathon in Mumbai. There, a new challenge will wait for the teams based on their project. The jury from each regional hackathon will decide who are the teams going to Mumbai. The decision is final!
Terms & Conditions
- The hackathons are open for everyone with an interest to solve a (social problem) – be it
hackers, engineers, designers, business development guys, etc.
- You shall be at least 18 years old to apply for the hackathons.
- Registration for Bengaluru till the April 24 and for Hyderabad till the May 01. We keep the right to close the registration earlier if deemed necessary.
- Selection of participants is the sole discretion of GIZ, YourStory, 91springboard and its
partners. No justification needs to be provided in case of non-selection.
- Every participant needs to reach the venue on Friday 4PM, otherwise the participant will be
excluded from the hackathon.
- Teams shall consist of maximum four people. Name of the project, short description and
names of team members have to be submitted by 8PM on Friday. Changing the teams
thereafter shall not be possible. GIZ, YourStory, 91springboard and its partners shall not be
responsible for any disputes between the team members.
- Professionals (or the families of these professionals) working with YourStory Media Pvt Ltd &
91springboard Pvt Ltd, <>, <> or their partners/affiliates are not eligible to participate in the
- GIZ, YourStory & 91springboard reserves all rights to make change(s), cancel, postpone this
event and/or make amendment(s) to the existing terms and conditions, at their sole
discretion, without any prior notice and not being liable for any consequential losses or
- These rules shall be construed in accordance with the laws of India and in case of any dispute
or any other matter arising in reference to the hackathons and/or otherwise shall be referred
to a sole arbitrator to be appointed by YourStory and shall be governed by the provisions of
Arbitration and Conciliation Act, 1996, amended from time to time. The seat for arbitration
shall be New Delhi only and the same shall be conducted in English language. The costs,
charges and expenses in connection to arbitration shall be solely borne by the Nominee(s)
disputing the same.
- You agree to behave in such a way as to create a safe, supportive learning environment while
at the event. You agree not to engage in disruptive speech or behavior or otherwise interfere
with the event or other individuals’ participation in the event. Entries that bear hatred
towards race, gender, sexual orientation, religion or disability will be disqualified and
excluded from the hackathons. You will comply with all applicable laws and agree not to
engage in any form of harassing, offensive, discriminatory or threatening speech or behavior,
including relating to race, gender, sexual orientation, religion or disability. YourStory &
91springboard may require participants engaging or threatening to engage in such behavior
to leave the event or related event immediately and such participants will not be eligible to
receive a refund of any fees paid to YourStory & 91springboard related to the event. If you
witness such behavior, please promptly contact an YourStory & 91springboard staff member
so direct action can be taken.
- To the extent permissible by applicable law, you (for yourself, your heirs, personal
representatives, assigns, and anyone else who might make a claim on your behalf) hereby
release YourStory & 91springboard and its affiliates, and their respective directors, officers,
employees, contractors, representatives, agents, successors and assigns, from any and all
claims, demands, causes of action, suits, damages, losses, debts, liabilities, costs and
expenses (including without limitation reasonable attorneys’ fees and costs) that you may
have now or in the future associated in any way with the event or the items. You
acknowledge and agree that your attendance and participation in the event is voluntary.
- If you do not agree to any of the Terms you should not participate in the event.
- In no event will (a) YourStory & 91springboard be liable for any loss of data, loss of profits,
loss of opportunity, cost of cover or other special, incidental, consequential, indirect,
punitive, exemplary or reliance damages or (b) the aggregate liability of YourStory &
91springboard for all other damages in connection with the event exceed $100 USD.
- Taxes and levies on the winnings as imposed by Central, State and Local government
authorities including Gift Tax/Registration/Insurance will need to be paid by the winners and
they are fully responsible in this regard for the same. The winner shall receive the prize only
after all amount related to the taxes and levies have been settled.
- Participants acknowledge that the prize is sponsored and agree that YourStory &
91springboard will not be responsible for the same. YourStory & 91springboard accepts no
responsibility for the quality of the prize. In case of any problems with the prize the winner
will need to contact the manufacturer directly for the same.
- Comments of participants or materials sent to YourStory & 91springboard including feedback
and other communications of any kind shall be deemed to be non-confidential. YourStory &
91springboard is free to reproduce, distribute and publicly display such feedback and contest
entries without limitations or obligation of any kind. YourStory & 91springboard is also free
to use any ideas, concepts, know-how or techniques contained in such feedback for any
purpose. YourStory & 91springboard reserves the right to analyze and summarize data that
we collect and also reserves the right to publish, distribute, share summaries of the data
collected with sponsors or other business partners without limitations or obligations of any