From e-commerce solutions for modern infrastructure and ideas for green fodder to innovative techniques for value-added dairy products, Startup India and the Department of Animal Husbandry have identified six problem areas plaguing the industry, throwing the doors open for startups to submit innovative solutions.
1. Single-use plastic alternatives: Using environment-friendly alternatives to replace single-use polythene in the dairy sector.
2. Eliminate milk adulteration: Tackling contamination in the dairy sector.
3. Breed improvement and animal nutrition: Use of innovative technologies for quick genetic gain among Indian breeds of cattle and buffalos, and new varieties of green fodder and enriched animal feed.
4. Value-added products: Introduce value-added dairy products viz. cheese, smoothies, flavoured milk, custard, yoghurt, and other ethnic Indian products using innovative techniques for domestic as well as export markets.
5. E-commerce solutions: Encouraging innovations to provide modern digital infrastructure and advisory services across the country.
6. Product traceability: Using technologies to track the journey of dairy products from farm-to- fork.